Los Barrios de Amarillo was established in 1971 by a small group of community leaders and area volunteers. Due to the decreasing graduation rate, the original mission was to address cultural,
educational, and socioeconomic inequities in the Mexican American community to help remove these barriers. Over the years, we saw that need was bigger than one area of our community and thus our mission statement has evolved. We are proud to say that we now assist students within Region 16 to reach their goal of achieving a higher education!
- Step Up to Success Middle and High School
College and Career Conferences
- Job Shadowing Day (Step Up 2.0)
- Honors & Awards to graduating seniors
- Annual Scholarship Graduate Banquet
- Mentorship Program for student recipients
- Open monthly community meetings with guest speakers on the 4th Wednesday of the month, as scheduled.